Wednesday, June 17th, 2020
Creating artisanal mozzarella is the heart of Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese’s operations. As summertime gets underway, there’s more ways for retailers to tap into this mozzarella craze and get consumers pounding the cheese cases for more. The Wisconsin-based cheesemaker unfurled the multiple uses for its award-winning cheese, and why it’s a must-have in any retail program.
Made with milk from the Crave Family’s own dairy herd and produced under the direction of Head Cheesemaker George Crave in the farmstead cheese factory, this versatile cheese is sustainably produced using 100 percent green power. Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella has built its reputation—and earned about 50 prestigious awards—based on its fresh, milky flavor.
According to a press release, the cheese is available in the following formats:
- Perlines (pearl-size, packed in water): Sprinkle on soups or salads, toss into a fruit salad, or sprinkle on your pizza before baking. Add visual appeal as well as a fresh burst of flavor when you combine Perlines with similar-sized salad ingredients such as blueberries and fresh corn
- Ciliegines (cherry-size, packed in water): Add Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegines to skewers with similar sized foods such as cherry tomatoes, pearl onions, black olives, or grilled shrimp. Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine cheese dresses up rotini or penne pasta salads, and complements grilled fruit such as pineapple or peach slices
- Marinated Fresh Mozzarella, Ciliegines (packed in marinade): Let the marinade flavors of this Crave Brothers specialty work to your advantage. The marinade features olive oil and canola oil with a custom blend of herbs and spices. Incorporate Marinated Fresh Mozzarella into charcuterie boards, pasta salads, or mix with fresh vegetables for a ready-made antipasto platter
- Bocconcini (golf ball size, packed in water): Slice for sandwiches, melt on bread along with sliced onion, or add to tomato slices and potato slices brushed with olive oil for grilling
- Ovolines (egg size, packed in water): Slice ovoline size Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella for Caprese salads, chop it for casseroles and lasagna, or pack it for picnics.
- Medallions: Layer these Fresh Mozzarella slices in Caprese salads, melt them on burgers, or layer with thinly sliced peaches and peach preserves for a cooling afternoon snack served with fresh lemonade
- 8 oz balls and 1 lb balls log: Whether you need shreds, slices, or cubes, the versatile Fresh Mozzarella will inspire you to experiment with the many ways its flavor will boost grilled meats, sandwiches and vegetables
- 1 lb logs: Chop Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella to the desired size cubes or slices for casseroles, lasagna, and other baked pasta recipes. Keep it on hand to take paninis to the next level and use to create your own specialty pizzas and flatbreads
Stick around for more inventive ways that cheese can be incorporated and cross-merchandised across the store!