Monday, January 10th, 2022
News of another key grocery expansion recently hit our desks as H-E-B sets out to fortify its Texas-based footprint. The retailer has pulled back the curtain on its new, 107,000-square-foot store in El Dorado, which has replaced the former Clear Lake Market H-E-B (El Camino Real) location.
“I look forward to serving the Clear Lake community and ensuring that our long-time customers from the previous store continue to enjoy the best of what H-E-B has to offer,” said Jim Doxakis, the new store’s General Manager who is a 15-year H-E-B team member and a 20-year resident of the area.
Wielding in-store experiences, picking orders via Curbside, Home Delivery, and H-E-B Meal Simple options, the new H-E-B offers a range of possibilities to its shoppers, according to a press release. From grab-and-go salads to casseroles and entrées, customers can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal. The Curbside pickup service offers 26 parking spaces and is one of the largest Curbside facilities in the company.
All across the store, shoppers will find more offerings with unsurpassed freshness, quality, and variety. Special features for the community include:
- Large assortment of Texas-made products
- Fully stocked Healthy Living department featuring bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits, and snack mixes
- H-E-B Organics and H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors
- Made in-store fresh-squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole
- Fresh Seafood Market equipped with a fresh assortment from around the world
- Fresh sushi, fried rice and noodle bowls, and fresh poke bowls made daily
- Fresh Meat Market offering natural, prime and wagyu meat cut in-store by certified meat cutters, as well as 100 percent pure beef ground in-store daily
- Full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortilleria that offers a wide selection of artisan breads baked fresh daily, fresh tortillas, decadent desserts, pastries, and custom cakes
- A Cheese Department with more than 300 specialty, local, and imported cheeses along with an assortment of large, entertainment cheese platters and boards
- The Wine and Beer Selection features more than 2,000+ bottles of wine and 300+ beers Guests can also seek assistance from our two Certified WSET II Partners for a tasting and the perfect pairing
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none—provided by almost 500 local H-E-B Partners, many who transferred from the former El Camino location
- A metal shingle design that mimics the underside of the space shuttle in reference to the neighboring NASA facility
- A team of registered dietitians and culinary experts and Healthy Living product options to offer full-time onsite and telehealth nutrition services including counseling, diagnostics testing, dietitian-led shopping support, and meal planning services
In celebration of the grand opening, H-E-B will donate $5,000 to Hope Active, which provides relevant programs that reach and impact the most underserved subsectors of the community.
With another expansion down, what community will the grocer stake its claim on next? Deli Market News will be sure to report as soon as we find out.