Friday, July 19th, 2019
The Conagra Brands family is extensive, to say the least, and as the company grows, so does its ability to differentiate across the wide-ranging portfolio. Gardein, a brand of Conagra’s, is tapping into the desire for more plant-based goodies with the expansion of its line of meat-free dishes. This exciting move includes new items that feature pea and wheat protein.
"Fifty two percent of households purchase plant-based foods and more than 60 percent are trying to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diet, yet have concerns that they'll sacrifice taste or texture," said Tara Rozalowsky, Vice President and General Manager at Conagra Brands. "Gardein's strength has always been that we offer a wide variety of delicious plant-based meat alternatives for chicken, beef, pork, fish, and seafood. Gardein offers home cooks and chefs alike a great way to make any dish plant-based."
With more and more folks seeking a flexitarian diet due to a variety of lifestyle and dietary choices, this expansion comes at exactly the right time!
Gardein's latest innovations provide convenient, great tasting plant-based options for any snack or meal, breakfast through dinner. According to a press release, new items are available in retailers this summer and include:
- Chick'n Wings, Tenders and Nuggets—Gardein is taking plant-based snacking to a whole new level with the launch of meat alternatives that contain a proprietary blend of pea and wheat protein. Chicken is the largest meat behavior and the fastest-growing protein type in meat alternatives, growing 26 percent since February of 2019. The new offerings include: Gochujang Style Chick'n Wings, Chipotle Georgia Style Chick'n Wings, Nashville Hot Chick'n Tenders, and Crispy Golden Chick'n Nuggets
- Breakfast Bowls—Gardein has expanded its flavorful and convenient breakfast offerings with two new on-trend items: Shakshuka Breakfast Bowl and Saus'age Benny Breakfast Bowl, which is a vegan version of an Eggs Benedict. Each bowl contains 12 grams of plant-based protein and are available in an 8.5-ounce size, a perfect size for one person
- Skillet Meals—Gardein has launched two new skillet meal flavors that are certified vegan: Porkless Thai Curry and Lambless Vindaloo. These flavorful meals offer a delicious meat-free version of popular ethnic dishes, with plant-based proteins, crisp vegetables, whole grains, and flavorful sauces. Skillet meals are available in 20-ounce size that serves two
- Breakfast Saus'age—Gardein has launched two flavorful, plant-based breakfast sausage patties: maple-flavored and spicy. They're perfect for breakfast and more, with 6 grams of protein per serving and 75 percent less fat than traditional pork sausage
- Italian Saus'age Patties—Ready in minutes, sliced sausage patties contain 10 grams of protein per serving and are the perfect addition to Italian dishes
- Entrée Bowls for One—These all-in-one bowl meals come in four new flavors: Orange Beefless Bowl, Teriyaki Chick'n Bowl, Chick'n Fajita Bowl, and Italian Saus'age and Pasta Bowl. Each bowl has up to 13-16 grams of protein and all are under 350 calories
With an expansion like this, you really could eat plant-based for every snack and meal! We at Deli Market News hope we teased your palate and entice you to come back for more!