Monday, October 29th, 2018
Baldor Specialty Foods announced a comprehensive restructuring plan as a means to tighten up its organization. As part of the distributor's new strategy, several personnel changes and additions will effectively shake up its leadership team.
“We are launching a comprehensive restructuring plan that reflects the growth Baldor’s experienced over the last year, growth that’s required us to dramatically expand our headquarters facility in Hunts Point and growth that calls for a new structure that will make our business more efficient for our customers,” CEO TJ Murphy said.
Company President Michael Muzyk added, “With this restructuring plan, we now have a solid management team that’s ready to take Baldor to its next level of growth. This allows me to continue with my Board position at United Fresh and its important work, including food safety, Government Policy, and getting fruits and vegetables into the hands of children through its school salad bar initiative.”
The following list includes existing employees that will be taking on new roles under the restructuring plan, as well as Baldor’s latest hires:
- Gene Mayer is promoted to Senior Vice President of Procurement. He was previously Vice President of Procurement.
- Glenn Messinger is promoted to Vice President of Branch Operations. He was previously General Manager of Baldor Boston.
- Alan Butzbach is promoted to Vice President of NY Operations. He was previously Vice President of Continuous Process Improvement.
- Benjamin Walker is promoted to Vice President, Sales, and Marketing. He was previously Senior Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Thomas McQuillan is promoted to Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Culture, and Sustainability. He was previously Director of Food Service Sales and Sustainability.
- Jon Hansburg is promoted to Director of Food Service Sales. He was previously Senior Sales Executive.
- Kenneth Bower is promoted to Director of Procurement for Commodity Vegetable. He was previously a Senior Buyer.
- Lou Terrulli is to Director of Procurement for Commodity Fruit. He was previously Director of Purchasing.
- Emily Murphy is promoted from Category Specialist Manager to Director of Specialty Procurement.
- Patrick Ahern is promoted from Buyer to Director of Pricing. Ahern is known as Produce Pat on Baldor’s popular YouTube series.
- Leigh Denardo joins Baldor as Director of Marketing. Denardo was previously with Whole Foods Market where she was Executive Director of Marketing for the North East Region.
- Christopher Tella joins Baldor as Customer Experience Manager. Tella was previously a Large Enterprise Senior Client Advisor for Blue Wolf, an IBM Company.
- Joe Carrico joins Baldor as Vice President of Human Resources & Safety. Carrico was previously VP of Human Resources & Safety at Newell Recycling.
The new hires and promotions are effective immediately. This announcement also comes at a time when the company's new 100,000-square-foot facility expansion at Hunts Point will be completed. The expansion is expected to create 350 new jobs.
Deli Market News will continue to report on the latest on the buy- and supply-side of deli, dairy, bakery, and specialty foods.