For many, holiday gatherings can be a lot of work. With this in mind, Boar’s Head, one of the nation’s leading providers of premium delicatessen products, is sharing some tips for time-strapped holiday hosts so they can spend less time in the kitchen and more time celebrating with friends and family.
“To help make entertaining effortless, we are providing meal planning tips from the kitchens of Boar’s Head Brand that make for a delicious meal without the stress,” said RuthAnn LaMore, Director of Communications.
Boar's Head shares a few tips for alleviating holiday hosting headaches, according to a press release:
• Exquisite Entrée in under an Hour – Plan to prepare a crowd-pleasing main course that is ready in less than one hour. Boar’s Head Brand Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham, paired with Boar's Head Brand Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze, offers a savory and sweet holiday favorite that’s simple to prepare.
• BYOS (Bring your own side) – Invite guests to bring a family-favorite side dish. It is a great way to share and swap traditions. Also, it helps with clean up when guests take home their own platters.
• Gluten Free = Worry Free – Inquiring about guests’ dietary restrictions in advance makes it easier to plan your menu. All Boar’s Head Brand deli meats, cheeses and condiments are gluten free so there are plenty of options! A terrific light and gluten-free side dish is Boar’s Head Brand Goat Cheese and Fuji Apple Salad.
• Tablescape Need Not Wait – Lay out place settings the night before to save time for day-of cooking. Get kids involved in helping set the table and creating place cards for guests.
• A True Family Affair – Everyone will end up in the kitchen anyway–make cooking a group activity! Take up offers of help and split up day-of prep between willing family and friends. Form an assembly line for minimal clean up or pre-assign tasks to be done at guests’ own homes.