Eckrich’s spokesperson and Emmy-winning broadcaster Kirk Herbstreit is sharing tailgating advice with passionate Florida football fans and tasty Eckrich Smoked Sausage recipes that will bring the smoke to any tailgate. The advice comes from years of traveling to Florida’s best college campuses and seeing first-hand the fans who have turned tailgating into an art form, according to a press release.
“College football and tailgating are very popular in Florida,” said Herbstreit. “I’ve seen the best setups, the best cooks, and the best game day recipes that Florida has to offer and I’m excited to share a few tips I’ve picked up along the way. Hopefully this advice will make everyone’s experience even better. And you can’t go wrong serving Eckrich Smoked Sausage at your tailgate.”
Recipes can be found on Eckrich’s website, linked here: Eckrich Recipes
Be sure to search for Eckrich’s Grilled Kabobs with Lower Sodium Smoked Sausage and Veggies, Smoked Sausage Links with Bacon & Onion Marmalade, Smoky Sausage Chili, Rich N’ Cheesy Smoked Sausage Cheese Dip!
Together with Eckrich, Herbstreit provides the following tailgating tips:
1. Make a list and pack as much as possible the night before the game.
2. Keep the menu simple and pack prepared foods in disposable containers or freezer bags.
3. Ice down the beverages just before you hit the road.
4. Line your portable grill with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and disposal of used charcoal.
5. Boil your sausage in beer for 2-3 minutes before grilling for added flavor.
6. When the grill is ready, bring the smoke by piling on multiple varieties of delicious Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
7. Avoid pressing down on your sausage while grilling to retain flavorful natural juices.
8. Keep your grill closed as much as possible to trap the vapors that instill better flavor.
9. Remember all the extras - mustard, sauerkraut, BBQ sauce - to score extra points with your friends.
10. Bring enough food for everyone. It's better to have food to bring home than run out when you're there!
Thank you for these great tips and recipes, Eckrich and Kirk!