Reser’s Announces Winners in Nationwide Potato Salad Recipe Contest
Reser’s has announced the winners in its second annual “America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge,” where cooks were asked to get creative and submit their best potato salad recipe.
“This year’s winners’ hail from seven states, with California and Florida each boasting two,” said Lacey Werner, Associate Category Manager. “In addition to geographic diversity, the recipes offer an incredible mix of flavors. The top recipes include veggie-packed salads, spicy salads that kick up the heat, and comfort food classics that feature the perennially popular bacon.”
The top 9 winners will each receive $1,000 plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete (against the 6 winners from the competitive BBQ circuit) at the America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge final, a featured competition at the World Food Championships, according to a press release. The grand prize winner will receive $10,000.
The top 9 winning potato salad recipes are the following (listed in random order):
· Smoky Grilled Potato Salad from Dawn J. (California)
· Buffalo Bleu Potato Round-Up from Darlene B. (Arizona)
· Mojito Grilled Potato Salad from Eileen B. (Florida)
· Bacon Artichoke Potato Salad from Jan L. (Oklahoma)
· The Herban Urban Potato Salad from Josie S. (California)
· Garlic Roasted New Potato Salad from Mark H. (Texas)
· Roasted Red Potato Salad with Latin-Inspired Green Goddess Dressing from Edwina G. (Idaho)
· Spicy Tex-Mex Chili Cheese Potato Salad from Nancy J. (Utah)
· Lemony Chimichurri Grilled Medley Potato Salad from Sherri W. (Florida)