CORREGGIO, EMILIA, ITALY
Wednesday, December 19th, 2018
During the holidays, none of us want to be stressed, and yet so many of us are. Here to help, Veroni Salumi has a light and easy dinner solution: the “apericena,” an informal evening meal in which tapas-style food is offered, accompanied by wine or cocktails.
According to a company press release, the basic ingredients of Apericena include:
- Cured Meats: Prosciutto, Salami, Mortadella, and Porchetta. Veroni also offers Salami Chips, Salami Bites, and Salami Nuget
- Grana Padano, Parmigiano, Pecorino: these high-quality cheeses can be presented as a whole wheel, which allows guests to serve themselves according to their preference
- Other cheeses and jams: Asiago, Provolone, and Chilli Pepper Cheese are some of the most classic Italian soft cheeses to pair with various jams such as fig or pear jam
- Bocconcini and Mozzarella di Bufala: two fresh and tasty solutions, which can also be found in morsels that can be easily used, or in the "Burrata" version, a mozzarella wrapping that contains a creamy centre
- Vegetables: gherkins, borretane onions, and pickled capers, but also mushrooms, eggplants, and peppers stuffed with tuna in oil, as well as carrot crudités, fennel, and beetroot to dip in mayonnaise, pink sauce, and vernaise sauce
- Grissini, Tigelle, or Taralli, which are perfect to accompany the other ingredients
Thanks to the wide range of Veroni products available in American retailers, this cutting board dinner makes the most of holiday entertaining. More than 40 products can be found at various supermarkets and grocery stores across the United States. Easily assembled in 15 minutes, guests and hosts alike won’t have to stress—they’ll be too busy noshing!
For a simple preparation, Veroni suggests combining cooked ham, mortadella, and Salame Toscano: a spicy heart made with Salame Calabrese, one of the niche products of the Italian tradition. With some fragrant bread on hand and a good glass of red, consumers will be enjoying the holidays the deli way.