Thursday, October 18th, 2018
The excitement of harvest season at Hampton Farms emulates one of the most joyous times of the year. Partnering with local farms to seed and harvest all its peanuts, Hampton Farms supports its network of farmers throughout the growing season to make sure they all have the proper tools and knowledge that is necessary to have a successful crop.
From planting to harvest to the table, Hampton Farms upholds that value by being involved in each step of the growing process. The outcome? Delicious, heart-healthy peanuts ready to be consumed or cooked into your favorite recipe! Here are some of Hampton Farms’ favorite recipes that are perfect to kick off the fall season.
Southern Boiled Peanuts:
Southern boiled peanuts are the perfect addition to any party or baseball game. Use Hampton Farms raw in-shell peanuts for this easy recipe that will leave your guests coming back for a second helping.
- Wash and place in-shell peanuts in a large pot
- Submerge in brine with 10 ounces of salt for each gallon of water. Use twice as much water as peanuts
- Add your favorite spice seasoning. Pro-tip: to make it spicy, use two tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, one-half cup of jalapenos and red pepper flakes to taste
- Place a weighted plate on peanuts to submerge for at least eight hours
- Remove weighted plate
- Bring to boil, add water as needed to cover peanuts
- Reduce heat, simmer and cook for four hours
- Test for taste and texture
- Add to cooking time in 15-minute increments for softer peanuts
- Drain and enjoy!
Peanut Pumpkin Party Mix:
Providing entertaining and delicious snacks doesn’t have to be time consuming or difficult. Our Peanut Pumpkin Party Mix is the perfect combination to get noticed without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- 8 cups of toasted corn cereal
- 2 cups of Hampton Farms Gourmet Peanuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups of popcorn (plain, no butter or one-half cup dark chocolate baking chips)
- Heat oven to 300 F
- Line 2 (15x10x1-inch) pans with cooking parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine corn cereal, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup, pumpkin and melted butter and whisk until well mixed. Stir into cereal mixture until well blended. Spread on pans.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring the mixture in the pans halfway through to ensure it toasts evenly
- Stir 2 cups of popcorn into each pan of the mix. Bake five minutes longer. Cool completely for about 30 minutes. (Mixture will become crispier once cooled)
- Melt dark chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over cooled party mix. Cool for another 20 minutes
Store in airtight container and taste the Hampton Farms freshness
“It is our goal to deliver the best quality peanuts from harvest to table so you can truly taste the difference when you cook with our products,” said Dallas Barnes, president of Hampton Farms and grandson of the original founder George Barnes, “Fall is the perfect time to try new dishes, and our peanuts are a great place to start.”
Be the highlight of your tailgate or next bonfire with delicious Hampton Farms peanuts. For more recipes, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. To purchase our delicious peanut products, shop online at HamptonFarms.com.