Tuesday, March 27th, 2018
Quick, practical talks on the topics dairy processors care most about - that’s what you can expect from the Ideas Showcase, held at the International Cheese Technology Expo April 18 and 19 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee.
In 2018, Ideas Showcase speakers will focus on food safety, innovations in dairy processing and packaging equipment, and smart strategies for wastewater treatment.
On Wednesday, April 18, on ICTE 2018’s Stage A, food safety presentations include:
- Keeping Your Product Safe with Proper HVAC Design – Mead & Hunt
- Principles of Sanitary Design: Taking a Proactive Approach to Food Safety – Deville Technologies
- Advancement in Membrane Cleaning Technology and Its Impact on Food Safety – Ecolab
- Hygienic Air Treatment System Design in Cheese Processing Areas – DualTemp Clauger
- Changes to the FDA Listeria Guidance Document – Food Safety Net Services
- Defect and Foreign Object Detection – Haden & Custance
- Sustainability – Spraying Systems Co.
- State-of-the-Art Antimicrobial Flooring and Wall Materials - Concare
Also on Wednesday, on Stage B, the dairy processing equipment innovation line-up features:
- Power Racks and Mobile Racking Systems – FLEXSPACE
- In-line Total Solids/Fat Analyzer for Separator Monitoring and Fat Standardization – KROHNE
- Process Improvement with In-line FT-NIR Analysis – Bruker Optics
- Process to Produce Heat-Stable WPC 80 – Ameridia, Division of Eurodia Industries
- Using Robotics in Cheese Processing Operations – Staubli
- Optimize Your Process with NIR Technology for Predicting Component Values in Powders – ProSpect Analytical Technology
- Introducing the Tetra Pak Membrane Scope: Spiral Wound Leak Detection Technology – Tetra Pak
- Industry 4.0, Smart Manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things – Wonderware Midwest
On Thursday, April 19 on Stage A, speakers will focus on wastewater treatment, including these presentations:
- Use of High Rate Anaerobic Treatment -Symbiont
- Turning Waste Streams into Value Streams in Dairy Processing Facilities - Pentair Sudmo
- Economics of Wastewater Treatment - Short Elliot Hendrickson
- Maximum Treatment Efficiency: Pairing Anaerobic MBR with EBPR - The Probst Group
- Cross-flow Ultrafiltration on Aerobic and Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactors - Symphonic Water Solutions
- Care and Cleaning of pH Sensors: The Top 10 pH Tips - Endress + Hauser
On Stage B, Thursday’s slate offers talks on dairy packaging innovation, including:
- Advanced Print Technologies Yield Color and Consistency that Engage Consumers and Build Your Brand - Flair Flexible Packaging
- MAP Audit: Stop Your MAP Process from Eating Profits - Wade Sand & MOCON, Inc
- Innovations in Liquid Filled Cheese - Tetra Pak
- Trends and Evolving Options in Dairy Packaging - Packaging Resources, Inc.
- Unlock Growth in Emerging Retail Channels: Packaging Solutions for a Fragmented Retail Landscape - Bemis North America
- Shelf Ready or Not, Here We Come: How Linear-Servo Technology is Changing the Face of High Speed Cheese Packaging Lines - Rockwell Automation, Delkor, & Schreiber Foods
Presentations begin at 12:30 p.m. on both days, with each running no more than 20 minutes. For exact Ideas Showcase times and additional detail, visit CheeseExpo.org. As always, cheese manufacturers and processors have free, full access to the International Cheese Technology Expo exhibits hall, including the Ideas Showcase.
All ICTE 2018 attendees must register to participate, and online registration is only available through Monday, April 9. Later registration must happen on-site. Avoid lines by registering at CheeseExpo.org today!