Tuesday, February 12th, 2019
What do you get when you combine extra crispy bread crumbs with crazy flavors? New options for every dish—and more ways to crunch than ever before.
Pereg’s seasoned bread crumb collection just got even bigger with the introduction of three delicious new styles: Thai Sweet Chili Panko Crumbs, Whole Wheat Panko, and Golden Crisp Bread Crumbs. They join a crunchy family that includes Classic, American, Viennese, Mexican, and Italian Fine Bread Crumbs and their Japanese cousins Spicy Panko, Coarse Panko, and Fine Panko.
Like all Pereg bread crumbs, these new varieties are made from fresh-baked loaves, not recycled from stale old bread. They are then combined with the top-quality spices that are the bread and butter, so to speak, of Pereg’s extensive line of all-natural seasonings from around the world.
These flavors aren’t the only thing that’s new about Pereg’s line of seasoned bread crumbs. Look for the new stay-fresh package with a resealable zip top—a little smaller to fit neatly on your shelf but containing the same amount of product as before.
All Pereg bread crumbs and panko products are all-natural, vegan, certified non-GMO, and OU and CRC kosher-pareve, so you can enjoy them with any meal. (MSRP: $4.85 for a 9 oz bag). Use them to add crunch and flavor to chicken, fish, pasta, and vegetables in recipes like these:
Sweet Chili Panko Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 1¼ cup Pereg Sweet Thai Chili Panko
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- ½ cup melted butter
- Melted butter or olive oil as needed
- Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel and arrange in a baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Brush each filet with butter or olive oil.
- Combine panko, pepper, and parsley in a small bowl. Spoon mixture on top of filets and bake uncovered at 375 degrees about 12-15 minutes, until fish flakes easily. (Recipe adapted from The Food Channel.)
Easy Breaded Chicken
- 6 chicken cutlets (or whole fryer cut up into pieces)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or any other brand of mayonnaise
- 1 package of Pereg Natural Foods Spicy Panko or Golden Crisp Breadcrumbs
- Wash chicken pieces well. Roll chicken pieces in the Pereg Panko or Bread Crumbs. Spread mayonnaise over the coating crumbs. Roll the chicken in the crumb or panko coating again. Place on baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour or until golden brown. (Recipe courtesy of The Set Table, Albert Einstein College of Medicine.)
Pineapple-Cheese Noodle Kugel
- 6 oz fine egg noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz pineapple cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Pereg Natural Foods Classic Breadcrumbs
- Place uncooked noodles in a 9” x 9" Pyrex pan. Mix together pineapple cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Cover noodle mixture with milk, adding water to cover all ingredients with liquid. Top with Pereg Classic Breadcrumbs and sugar.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum fold. Bake in pan for about 3/4 hour at 350 degrees, covered. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, or until golden brown. (Recipe Courtesy of The Set Table, Albert Einstein College of Medicine.)