Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020
The Dairy State is known to produce some top-quality cheeses that are loved by many all over the world. So, in honor of National Cheese Lovers Day on January 20, Wisconsin announced that the first-ever Art of Cheese Festival will be held in Madison, Wisconsin. Looks like Wisconsin can add another perk to visiting the state.
View this post on Instagram
According to the press release, the festival will be sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin and will feature an array of cheese-focused activities specially curated for ultimate cheese lovers. From August 14-16, 2020, guests can partake in:
- Classes - Enjoy a variety of classes led by experts. Classes range from making cheese to cooking with cheese and pairing cheese to crafting the perfect cheeseboard
- Exclusive Tours - Hop on the cheese bus to visit Wisconsin dairy farms and creameries and enjoy other special experiences
- Outstanding in the Field Dinner - Enjoy a unique and elevated dining experience outdoors with a four-course meal prepared by world-class local chefs. Each course will feature Wisconsin's award-winning cheeses
- Restaurants - Look for restaurant features across the state all week long that highlight Wisconsin's most popular cheeses
- Cheese Fair - This pop-up market in downtown Madison is your one-stop-shop for sampling and purchasing Wisconsin Cheese. Taste the cheese, meet the makers, and take home your favorites to share with family and friends
- The Cheese Ball - One of the most anticipated highlights of the weekend will be the Cheese Ball, featuring live music, food, drinks, performers, and of course, a chance to taste your way through the State of Cheese
Sounds like a future trip I need to get started on. For more updates on all the gouda news, keep reading Deli Market News.