NEW YORK, NY
Monday, September 21st, 2020
Ain’t no party like a Specialty Food Association (SFA) party! The industry champion is well-known for its influential events, connecting a vast array of specialty suppliers with the buy-side. This year the event is going virtual, with the Specialty Food LIVE!™ event featuring hundreds of SFA member companies exhibiting the latest and greatest in specialty foods.
"Specialty Food LIVE! is the first industry event since our January Winter Fancy Food Show," said Leo Squatrito, Vice President of Member Development and Outreach. "We're thrilled to introduce this new platform to our members and buyers and help them build relationships and do business. This marks a great new way to connect our SFA maker members with both buyers and preferred industry service providers, and we're excited to host this new industry event."
Specialty Food LIVE! is a marketplace where SFA members can showcase their products and connect with buyers from across all channels, all while in the comfort of their own homes.
According to a new release, event highlights include:
- Education Sessions: A full program of workshops and business-building seminars to help startups, established manufacturers, and buyers with all levels of expertise succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
- sofi™ Awards Product of the Year Announcement: Established in 1972, the sofi Awards advance culinary excellence and creativity worldwide by recognizing the outstanding work of SFA member companies. The 2020 sofi Awards produced 139 winners in the Gold, Silver, Bronze, and New Product categories. The winner of the Product of Year will be announced on Monday evening, just prior to the evening event
- Virtual Tasting Experience: To inject a live element into its debut virtual event, SF Live! includes a concurrent product tasting. Three times a day, makers will present their great new products to buyers who will be tasting the products right from the comfort of their homes, as the makers simultaneously explain via Zoom
- Specialty Food Search Capability: With more than 5,000 specialty food products at their fingertips, buyers will easily be able to find exactly what they're looking for by leveraging the event's robust search capability, with endless ways to filter, select, and search for products
- Evening Events: Mixology Monday: Cocktail Kick-Off with Top Mixologist Mia Mastroianni (as seen on Bar Rescue), Monday, 6–7 pm ET; Wine Down Wednesday: With Sommelier Amanda McCrossin, Wednesday, 6–7 pm ET
- The SFA Trendspotter Panel: Scouting the virtual event in search of the latest innovations will be the SFA Trendspotter Panel. Trends will be released in mid-October
Specialty Food LIVE! is a trade-only event. It requires verification of industry-affiliation at registration. To view a complete list of events and register for your spot at the event, visit the Specialty Food LIVE! website.
See you there!