Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Kings Food Markets is making some big changes to its leadership team—announcing a slew of promotions and other changes for the company’s executive, operations, and merchant departments.
“Talented leadership is paramount to any company’s success,” said Judy Spires, Chairman and CEO of Kings Food Markets upon the announcment. “By promoting these key leaders within our company, and bringing in new, top-tier talent, Kings is further positioned for growth and inspiration, as we continue to push the boundaries within the food industry.”
Along with several promotions from within, Kings has hired on Daniel Gallagher as Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. Gallagher will be putting his over 16 years of experience in Senior Level Management positions to use as he oversees the company’s Finance and Loss Prevention Teams.
According to a press release, the retailer's new executive promotions include:
- Jessica Gasser has been promoted to Executive Vice President of Strategic Services, where she will continue to oversee the areas of Human Resources, Labor Relations, and Information Technology and be responsible for leading strategic initiatives for the company.
- Joseph Parisi has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Operations. A 27-year Kings veteran, Parisi has held positions with increasing levels of responsibility, most recently as Vice President of Operations. In his new role, he will continue to oversee the Operations team.
- Arthur Goncalves has been promoted to Vice President of Center Store. Goncalves will oversee Center Store operations as well as pricing, brands and shelf management. Over the past 20 years, Goncalves has held various positions in the business, most recently, VP of Produce and Floral.
- Donna Mastellone has been promoted to Vice President, Produce and Floral, where she will oversee the category-management business plans for the produce and floral departments. Mastellone has held several roles in her 18-year tenure with Kings, including Director of Floral, Specialty Boutique Sales, and Merchandising.
- Allen Merken has been promoted to Senior Director, Engineering, Maintenance, and Construction, where he will continue to oversee remodels and renovations and be involved in site selection, analysis, and planning.
- Thomas McNerney has been promoted to Senior Director, Operations. McNerney will oversee the Operations and Quality Assurance departments.
- Kathe Benjamin has been promoted to Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations. Benjamin will oversee all aspects of Human Resources.
Additionally, key merchandising expansions included:
- Paul Hamilton has been promoted to Produce Buyer.
- Michele Edwards has been promoted to Floral Buyer.
For more important leadership moves in the industry, stay tuned to Deli Market News.