HUNT VALLEY, MD
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
If you thought high promo-season wrapped up when the Christmas presents unwrapped, guess again! The ever craze-inducing, food-consuming Super Bowl is still approaching. To tap further into the snacking football fan market, McCormick has launched “50 dips for 50 states,” with a flavor combo for any spectator. Because heaven forbid they be left with just chips and salsa!
"To celebrate this year's playoffs, we've turned iconic ingredients and recipes from each state into fun, game day dips,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “Take Green Bay–nothing says Wisconsin more than a beer, brat, and cheese dip. All the dips are quick and easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients and serious flavor from McCormick seasoning mixes."
It’s one of 50 signature recipes inspired by classic flavors signature to each U.S. state, according to a press release. Options per playoff NFL team, for example, include:
- Green Bay: Wisconsin Brat & Beer Cheese Dip–Loaded with Cheddar cheese and cheese curds, best enjoyed with soft pretzel dunkers and a cold beer.
- Miami: Cuban Dip–Swiss cheese, dill pickles, ham, all that is loved in a Cuban sandwich, loaded into a hollowed-out bread bowl.
- Kansas City: Barbecue Chicken Dip–Ketchup, molasses, and McCormick® Slow Cookers Sweet & Smoky Pulled Chicken Seasoning Mix in the slow cooker. A crowd-pleasing dip without the barbecue.
- Atlanta: Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip–Honor the Georgia peach with a salty-sweet dip made with bacon, pecans, and Vidalia onions.
- New England: Boston Baked Bean Dip–Bacon+Beans+Beer= Boston's best.
- Dallas and Houston: Texas Trash Dip–A rich, melty dip that’s big, bold, and over-the-top, just like Texas.
- Detroit: Motor City Coney Dip–Detroit's iconic coney dog gets the dip treatment with this recipe.
- Pittsburgh: Cheesesteak Dip–A hollowed-out bread loaf gets the home field advantage when stuffed with roast beef, chopped green peppers, onions, and melted cheese.
- Oakland: California Guacamole Hummus–Avocados, hummus, and one packet of McCormick Guacamole Seasoning make for two snack-time favorites in one show-stopping dip!
- New York: Buffalo Chicken Dip–The home-state of the buffalo wing inspired this popular spicy, creamy dip sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Seattle: Smoked Salmon Dip–Smoked salmon takes center stage in one simple dip.
Fans can show their team spirit on what McCormick calls the “most important field of all,” and I think we can agree: the snack table.
For more game day tips and recipes, visit McCormick.com/50dipsfor50states, or check out the company’s Pinterest and Facebook.