Thursday, July 11th, 2019
Conagra Brands is ramping up its product innovation to meet increasing demand for new and different flavors. To kick off its fiscal year, the company is launching dozens of new products across the four domains in which its iconic and emerging brands compete: Snacks & Sweet Treats, Frozen & Refrigerated Meals, Shelf Stable Meals & Sides, and Condiments & Enhancers.
"We have a $2 billion portfolio in snacking, which is the fastest-growing occasion in food," said Tom McGough, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer, in a press release. "We also have a sizable grocery portfolio, which includes a $1 billion presence in condiments and sauces. Our slate of innovation in these areas will provide people with contemporary options that are supported by strong consumer trends."
The new lineup of products will be released throughout 2019 and the first half of 2020, though the first wave of the company's innovative products is hitting the market now.
Some of the new products include:
- Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP Trail Mixes: a flavorful snack that is non-GMO, Gluten Free, and contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Featuring Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP popcorn along with ingredients like nuts, dried fruits, or pretzels, the new product is available in three varieties.
- Banquet Mega Sandwiches: a handheld sandwich that delivers hearty protein and bold flavors. It is available in four flavors, including Pepperoni Stuffed Pizza, Meatballs & Mozzarella, Steak & Cheddar, and Smoky BBQ Seasoned Pork.
- Bertolli Modern Italian Pasta Skillets: seven new varieties of premium al dente and stuffed pastas bring bright, bold Italian flavors to the freezer aisle. New varieties include Gnocchi Pesto, Butternut Squash Ravioli, and Black Pepper Fettuccine.
- Birds Eye is giving consumers even more delicious ways to eat their vegetables:
- Veggie Made Tray Bakes: Four new options include Chicken Alfredo Pasta and Three Cheese Ziti.
- Veggie Made Meals for One: Eight new bowl varieties include options ranging from Garlic Chicken to Meatball Marinara with Vegetable Pasta.
- Egg Beaters Whole Eggs: great for egg-based dishes and a variety of other recipes that call for eggs, this product provides a quick, easy, mess-free alternative to its shell-on counterpart.
- DAVID Energy-Packed Mix: a cravable and crunchy mix of lentils, kernels, pepitas and chickpeas that comes in three flavors: Sea Salt, Ranch, and Bar-B-Q. Each mix contains seven grams of protein and only one-two grams of sugar per serving. Gluten Free, no artificial flavors or colors, and made in a peanut and tree-nut free facility.
- Healthy Choice continues to evolve with new grain-free options featuring riced cauliflower to fit low-carb lifestyles.
- Healthy Choice Grain Free Power Bowls: riced cauliflower is paired with nutrient-dense leafy greens, bright vegetables, lean proteins, and global inspired sauces for a delicious bowl. Four new flavors include Spicy Beef Teriyaki, Basil Pesto Chicken, Spicy Black Bean & Chicken, and Chicken Marinara.
- Healthy Choice Simply Steamers with Riced Cauliflower: flavors include Chicken Tikka Masala and Garden Vegetable.
- Marie Callender's is releasing a new range regionally-inspired flavors.
- Pub Pies: An elevated take on the traditional pot pie with tender cuts of braised and roasted meat wrapped in a buttery shortbread crust. Flavors include Herb Roasted Chicken and Steak & Ale.
- Shepherd's & Cornbread Pies: These pies provide the savory experience of a pot pie without the crust. Three new varieties are inspired by favorite pairings and menu trends including Beef Shepherd's Pie and Beef & Chili Bean Cornbread Pie.
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Ramen: restaurant-quality ramen with tender noodles and rich, flavorful broth. Four new options include Pork Shoyu and Chicken Tonkotsu, which deliver authentic Asian cuisine at home.
- Reddi-wip Barista Series: gives consumers a coffee house experience any time of day with two new items. Reddi-wip Nitro Creamer can be used in place of a traditional creamer and infuses layers of texture and flavor into coffee. Reddi-wip Sweet Foam can be used alongside Nitro Creamer or other coffee creams to add a slightly sweet, smooth layer of velvety, frothed foam at the top of the coffee.
- Slim Jim Giant Multipack: each box contains six giant size sticks. Available in Original and Mild flavors with over six feet of meat in one box.
- Snack Pack Dragon Treasure Pudding: taps into pop culture and features a fun, fruity flavor in green and red colors.
"Conagra Brands has been reinventing frozen meals to drive growth since 2015, and our efforts are fueling the entire category," said Darren Serrao, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer. "We see continued growth ahead for frozen meals, and are taking advantage of this opportunity by offering consumers the flavors, modern health attributes, and convenience they demand."
With such an ambitious product rollout, are big sales in the future for Conagra? Deli Market News will keep you updated.